Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shiny.Toy.Guns w/MNDR (L!VE)...

Shiny.Toy.Guns.2012
Shiny.Toy.Guns.2012

@the.EchoPlex (L.A., CA)
Tuesday.October.23rd

KROQ nite at the plex.  Weird.  What is KROQ now?  I stopped listening to that station in 92.  Sometimes I'll sneak a peak to hear what they are playing and it's still...CRAP!   
MNDR.2012MNDR.2012
Long line to get in, but it moved quickly.  Once inside, the place was packed.  I have no idea if this is sold out.  Never mind, yes it was.
Shiny.Toy.Guns.2012
MNDR...K!LLED !T, but the crowd was...D.E.A.D.   Amanda Warner (Lead Singer) was pumping them up and it worked, but just for a small while.  I loved her 80's Hip-Hop dance moves that she was doing.  It reminded me of Salt-n-Pepa "Push It" video.  Even though it was a solo performance, MNDR was giving it her all and I loved it.  She had my attention from the start.  I  wondered  if Madonna got her initials from her new album from Amanda?
Shiny.Toy.Guns.2012
Shiny.Toy.Guns. played a twenty song set that was pretty good.  They played some cover songs (Depeche Mode "Stripped" of course) and new stuff from the new album that came out today, titled, III (do you think they got the idea from Crystal Castles?).
Shiny.Toy.Guns.2012
They played "Le Disko" towards the middle of the show and closed it with two of my favorite songs, "Fading Listening" (I really LOVE that Fleetwood Mac sounding song) and "You Are the One". Perfect!  What a way to end this night.
Shiny.Toy.Guns.2012
Besides, Carah Faye Charnow (Lead Singer) throwing her mic on the ground really hard (SO PUNK ROCK) for not working during the opening song, this was, pretty...


\m/ - AWESUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive